Welcome to our final Newsletter for 2017!
2017 is drawing to a close and we know that our work is never quite done! We like to keep our members and parents of our School informed and so we share our final news for the year. We wish all of families a very Happy & Safe Chrsistmas and eagerly await 2018!
Read it here PandCNews NOVDEC17
Join us as we paint, sip and party at our
Girls Night Out/
Paint The Town Fundraiser!
The Tacking Point Public School P & C Association are proud to be hosting a Girls Night Out with Paint the Town Port for all of our Mum’s, friends of friends, aunts, and grandmothers! Come along and join us as Olivia from Paint the Town Port guides us through a step-by-step painting that you go home with at end of the night that you will be amazed YOU created.
We have a fun night planned that includes lucky door prizes, games, a glass of champers on arrival with a Dessert Table and other treats to tempt your taste buds and keep those creative juices flowing.
Tickets are available by returning your payment with the RSVP note to the Canteen no later than 8 September 2017. You can also pay online by direct transfer to the P & C’s Account as follows (please ensure that you send RSVP with your deposit details!):
Account #: 446814
Name of: Tacking Point Public School P & C Ass
Please use ref: “GNO (Surname)”
Click here for an RSVP Form: Paint the TownGirls Night Out (7)
When: Friday 15 September 2017
Time: 7:00 pm for 7:15 pm start
Where: TPPS School Hall
Inc: Champagne on arrival
Dessert Bar & other treats
Are you able to help?
The P & C relies heavily on its volunteers to assist with all of our events. If you are able to assist in any way it would be greatly appreciated!
We need help with:
- donations of suitable prizes
- donations of cheese or fruit platters
- donations of desserts or other sweet treats
- donations of your time with set-up
For further details or questions, please contact Glenys E Rhodes on 0408 619 355 or via email to email@example.com OR message us on Facebook!
Our P & C puts community into our school community!
Well, Spring Fair is only three Saturdays away! Our Spring Fair is fast approaching and the excitement is growing! We have been receiving a very positive results from the local business community who are supporting our Chocolate Wheel. So much so that we have decided to include a Silent Auction for some of the higher value prizes!
As a preview we have included the Rydges Hotel accommodation package in the Silent Auction but without a doubt the star attraction is a Cricket Bat donated by Australian Cricket. This bat is authenticated and signed by the 2014 South Africa V Australia Australian Cricket Team including Team Captain Michael Clarke! So for all you sporting fans out there don’t forget to visit the P & C Pop-up Shop at the Fair to register your bid!
Thanks to our many volunteers who are giving their time to help us at the Spring Fair. Your support means that we are raising funds for our School Library and the Canteen!
We are still well short of the required man hours to make this Spring Fair a success! As a result we have had to reduce the number of activities that we wanted to have at the Fair! If you are able to offer any assistance whatsoever it would be highly appreciated! If you are able to assist, please contact us!!!!!
The sale of our prepaid Spring Fair SuperSaver Ticket has been slow! The SuperSaver represents great value for money for all of our school families and their guests.
The Spring Fair is an expensive event to run and we have tried very hard to keep the cost of the Fair to the bare minimum. Since its introduction to the Spring Fair the Supersaver was always competitively priced at $15. However we could not sustain that cost and sadly we have increased the ticket to $20.00. Without a doubt it still represents value for money!
We encourage you all to pre-purchase your Supersaver Ticket before it closes on Friday!
Read the full version of our Newsletter here:
Fancy a holiday to the Gold Coast staying in the wonderful Sea World Resort? Well maybe you can! Just by buying a ticket in our special Christmas Raffle!
At only $2.00 per ticket, who wouldn’t want to purchase tickets in our raffle fundraiser!The first prize is an exciting prize for two (2) adults and two (2) children (0-13 years):
- Winners stay at the 4½ Star Sea World Resort & Water Park on the Gold Coast in a Resort Double Room*
- $200.00 Caltex Cash Cards,
- have unlimited entry and fun at Sea World, Warner Bros. Movie World and Wet ‘n’ Wild Gold Coast,
- $100.00 Food and Beverage credit at Sea World Resort and Water Park
Our first prize is valued at $2400.00 !!!!!! Wow!
The runners up prizes are:
- $50 iTunes Vouchers
- $25 iTunes Vouchers
Also there is a very special Incentive Book Seller Prize of an iPod Shuffle 2 GB!!!
So what are you waiting for? Buy a ticket and win yourself a break we know you need!
All proceeds will be used for the
refurbishment of our canteen and
to upgrade our Library to meet 21 Century Learning requisites.
Ticket Books will be sent home initially to the eldest child in each school family in Week 3 of Term 4.
All monies are to be returned to the Canteen and tickets placed in our secure Raffle Barrel no later than Friday 2 December 2016!
NB: Though ticket and monies are to be returned on 2 December 2016 we are permitted under NSW Gaming Legislation to accept final ticket sales at 9:00 am on Wednesday 7 December 2016
Prizes will be drawn at 9:30am on Presentation Day Wednesday 7 December 2016 at Tacking Point Public School Bangalay Drive Port Macquarie NSW 2444.
First Prize Fine Print:
The winning family has 12 months to plan and use the prize and has the flexibility of using it over the school holidays.
A certificate will be issued to the winner and is valid for twelve months from the issue date. The component includes room accommodation only. The prize does not includes airfares, meals, transport, activities or transfers. Accommodation is subject to availability. *It is available for use over the Australian School Holidays for a small surcharge of $50 per night for Shoulder Season or $100 per night for High Season. It cannot be used during special events. Child age for Theme Parks is 3-13 years (14+ years requires an adult tickets). It cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash and must be taken intact.
Where can I help?
There are numerous ways in which you can help. At this stage, we need help in the following areas:
- Craft donations – just craft up some love for sale, any medium – paper, fabric, art, twine – you make it we will accept it!
- Donate plants – start propagating or potting up!
- Donate prizes – we need prizes for our Chocolate Wheel and the children’s activities!
- Sponsorship – a great way for you to advertise your support and your business
- Sponsor items for the BBQ – meat supplies, sauces, napkins, paper plates
- Sponsor Milk for the SRC’s Milk Bar
- Coordinators and/or Assistants for our Stalls and Activities. We have vacancies for:
- Side Show Alley
- Lob the Dunny Roll
- Rocket Launcher
- Sponge-a- Mate
- P & C Pop – up! Help us sell our raffle tickets, teatowels and Cookbooks!
- Craft Stall
- Chocolate Wheel – we need spruikers to sell tickets, source prizes, spin the wheel and generally have a good time!
- An assistant for our Lego Competition in the Lego House
- Plaster Fingers – plastering up the kids in plaster , of course!
- Just Dance Disco – chaperone the kids as they dance to their favourite song
- Glow Things – selling our glow products that will just glow as the sun sets and add to the atmosphere of the Fair
- Showbags – we will source the showbags – all you have to do is hand them out to the kiddies as part of their Super Saver or sell them to those who don’t have a Super Saver
- Super Saver – distributing food and activity tickets to all those kiddies who have prepaid. A case of marking off names from a list!
- Photo Booth – we have the photographer! We just need someone to source props, take orders and arrange for printing of photos to be delivered after the fair!
- Baristas – who doesn’t love a good coffee that is made to perfection
- Canteen Coordinator and assistants – selling extra yummy goodies
- Lighting – as the sun sets we will need lighting! You may find a donor to assist here but in any case you will also be putting up the lighting and liaison with the Electrician!
- Electrician – we need you to ensure the safety of our fairgoers not to mention that we don’t overload and fuse out the whole set-up
- Floaters – to help with the collection of coin on the day and providing relief to stallholders so that they too can have some fun (and a rest!)
- Assistants to help set up on the day including:
- an Electrician
- setting up lighting
- setting up tables,marquees and signage
- Carpenter or handy person to assist with creating a free-standing sign, a special stall and a Photo Booth
- Publicity – creating Facebook posts, web posts, flyer distribution, even gaining some media attention through radio and print!
If you are not sure what a Stall Coordinator does check out our blog on the Role of a Stall/Activity Coordinator The Role of Stall/Activity Coordinators. It is not as scary as you think!
Contact us and have a chat about how you can help!
As you know the Spring Fair is the biggest fund-raiser that your P & C undertakes. This year it is extra special as we are celebrating our School’s 20th Anniversary!
We urgently need your help as the Spring Fair cannot go ahead unless we have the support of our school families.
We already have experienced helpers on board to help run some of our stalls and organise the event – we need more! Our Spring Fair requires a large number of people to donate their time to make the event happen. Whether you are a leader, an organiser or an assistant we need your help. You don’t have to give a huge amount of your time, afterall we do want everyone to enjoy the celebration! Even one hour of your time would help us immensely!
If you can help on the day selling, serving, moving goods or helping run our stalls we would like to hear from you. If you want to run a stall or get involved in the running of the Fair, we want to hear from you. If you want to be on the Spring Fair Committee, we want to hear from you!
Just click on the link to see if there is a stall or activity that you would be interested in
Contact the Spring Fairy and her fairies:
Please contact us if you can help and make the Spring Fair your “Just One Thing” for 2016!
Glenys Rhodes firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 0408 619 355
Kaylene Monkton email@example.com Phone: 0419 408 241
Mary Spackman firstname.lastname@example.org Phone:0401 151 256
Amanda Horder email@example.com Phone: 0412 139 293
Tara Page firstname.lastname@example.org Phone 0406 752 267
Hannah & Neil Temple email@example.com Phone 0409 029 782