Never been involved in a Spring Fair? Don’t know what to do? You are not alone…
If you have never helped out at an event you may be a little uncertain, even a little afraid! Don’t be as it really doesn’t matter because we are all here to help each other! and especially to help our kids!.
Running a stall is exciting! There are some basic tasks involved but most of all we want you to have fun doing it!
Here is a list of basic tasks (don’t be put off by them it make sound like a lot but in reality it isn’t, we promise!):
- Recruit and formulate a roster for volunteers on Fair Day
- Be creative with your stall! We are celebrating our 20th Anniversary and the theme is loosely set around a Carnival atmosphere. Let those interior design juices flow! A boring tablecloth does not inspire fairholders. Go bold! Go strong! For inspiration check out our Pinterest Page – Tacking Point Public School P & C!
- If you want your assistants to dress in a theme – go for it!
- If you wish to have a sign made up we can arrange that!
- Work with the Spring Fair Committee to determine your stall’s budget. To ensure maximum fundraising it is best if you source items as a donation or sponsorship.
- Work with the Spring Fair Committee to determine your best location on the day and any equipment you may need e.g. furniture, marquee, signs etc.
- Purchase or acquire raw materials
- Monitor expenditure and retain receipts
- Plan and organise working bees if required! For those who love crafting you can get together for a crafting day and make it fun!
- Arrange notices in the Newsletter if required. All notices are coordinated by the Spring Fairy herself so email her at email@example.com
- You can post as a visitor to our Facebook pages either Tacking Point Public School P & C or the 20th Anniversary Spring Fair Facebook page!
- Set up your stall prior to the Fair opening. It starts at 4:00 pm and fairgoers will start to arrive prior to that so be ready to go at 3:30 pm
- Book in tables, chairs marquees if required and cannot be sourced. Advise us of any location preference
- Oversee Stall operation on the day
- Ensure all volunteers sign in and out on the day
- Clean up Stall post-Fair
- Further information is provided to you when you take on the role of Stall Coordinator
The role is all about community – being involved for your child, our families and yourself. Embrace it! Enjoy it!
Spring Fairy Glenys E Rhodes 0408619355 firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Spring Fairy Kaylene Monkton 0419408241 email@example.com