TWO WEEKS TO GO! WOW! Our Spring Fair is fast approaching and the excitement is growing! Thanks to our many volunteers who are giving their time to help us at the Spring Fair. Your support means that we are raising funds for the new Commboxes for our children!
HOWEVER… we are still well short of the required man hours to make this Spring Fair a success! We know we are asking for a lot and pushing the boundaries. The Spring Fair Committee is looking for Mums, Dads, older siblings (over the age of 10), grandparents, friends or lovers who can help out! Even if you are able to help for just for 30 minutes or so that would be wonderful! If you are able to assist, please contact us!!!!!
We desperately need help on the following stalls and activities.
- Canteen Coordinator & Assistants (min. 5 assistants needed)
- Chocolate Wheel – selling tickets, spinning the wheel and handing out the prizes. Remember there is a major prize available to be given away! (x 2)
- An Amusement Coordinator who can supervise our rides – Jumping Castle, Giant Slides and the Wipeout
- Assistants for the Amusement Rides (min. 3)
- Assistant for our Photo Booth
- Sponsorship and Prize sourcing
- Old Fashioned Lemonade Stall (x1)
- P & C Pop-up (x1)
- Bookshop (x 3)
- Games Arena – Corn Bag Toss (x1)
- Tattoos (x 2)
- Face Painting (x 1)
If you want to take on one of these roles then simply contact Glenys Rhodes on 0408619355 or email email@example.com.
Spring Fair Committee 2018
TOP 3 THINGS to do for the Spring Fair this week
Offer-up yourself as a Volunteer
Pot-up for the Plant Stall
Donate on ODD SOCK DAY
The Canteen has always been the hub of the Fair! People need food. Unfortunately, it is the one area where we are really desperate for help! ☹
The Canteen provides our fairgoers with an array of snacks, drinks, coffee, salads and ice-creams as well as providing an Order & Pay function for our main BBQ. Without the Canteen, we fail to service our busy BBQ’s but also YOU, your family and our guests!
PLEASE CONSIDER VOLUNTEERING FOR THE SCHOOLGROUNDS CAFÉ!
What would I be doing?
- Taking orders and payment for the BBQ
- Cash handling
- Assist prepping salads
- Over-the-counter sales of:
- Cold drinks
- Assist in cleaning
Welcome to our Fair HASTINGS SECONDARY COLLEGE!
We are ever so grateful to Hastings Secondary College (Westport Campus) in providing the Hospitality Students as Baristas! We hear they make a great coffee and we look forward to them being part of our Fair and gaining some valuable real-life experience.
The Students are all hosting a Mini-Sports Arena to support their own fundraising efforts so we ask that you show our community spirit by visiting and donating for their stall. This is Community at its best.
Our prepaid Spring Fair SuperSaver Pre-purchase Ticket Sale is now OPEN!
The SuperSaver represents great value for money. We have tried very hard to keep the cost of the Fair to the bare minimum. To ensure that our parents receive value for money we are again offering you the opportunity to pre-purchase a SuperSaver Ticket at $20.00 per ticket. Here’s what you get:
- 1 Sausage sizzle
- 1 Drink
- 1 Quelch
- 1 entry to the Jumping Castle
- 1 entry to either the Nerf Target Zone OR Corn Bag Toss
- 1 entry to either Sponge-a-Mate or Disco
- 1 Showbags (retail value $10.00) & 1 Glow Stick
If you do not wish to take advantage of our pre-paid SuperSaver offer, tickets can be purchased for rides and activities at the ticket booth on the day instead. However, the price of the ticket will be $25.00.
Contrary to previous information given, tickets will be available for collection from the Ticket Booth on the day of the Fair. They are NOT available before the Fair.
Guests of families are welcome to purchase as well!
Wednesday 24 October is ODD SOCK WEDNESDAY but only if you are donating to our Spring Fair! Odd Sock Wednesday has always been a fun day where the children get to wear odd socks in exchange for bringing in a donated item!
- Bottled water or Juice for our Drinks Stall
- Books, CD’S, DVD’s for our Book Stall
- Xbox 1 and PS4 Games for the Games Trading Table
- Scarves, belts and hats for our Sassy Scarf Stall
- Packet Seeds for the Garden Station
Spring Fair Sponsorship Needs You!
WILL YOU SPONSOR US?
Sponsorship is an integral part of our making our Spring Fair 2018 a success. This year through the Spring Fair, we are hoping to raise sufficient funds to install the latest in interactive whiteboard technology into our classrooms.
We are seeking sponsorships in the form of:
- CASH SPONSORSHIPS to help offset the cost of running the Spring Fair, enabling profits to go directly to achieving our fundraising goals
- IN-KIND SUPPORT such as facilities hire (e.g. Marquees, BBQ and eskies), product donations for our Chocolate Wheel, a LEGO prize for the LEGO Competition or a prize for the Colouring-In Competition, food and drink items for the food stalls, entertainment and signage to name a few!
In exchange for your generous support, we will be happy to promote your business within our school network and to the wider community. You are welcome to display your business sign, hand out brochures etc.! Limitless!
The P & C wishes to thank the following local businesses for their support of our Spring Fair:
Add your Business Name to the list!
Please contact Glenys Rhodes on 0408619355 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our final Donation Day will be on Saturday 27 October 2018! The Hall will be open from 12 noon – 3:00 pm to accept all donations especially plants, books, bottled water and juice, and scarves, belts and bags!
Please note that if you miss one of our donation days, a box for donations will be available in the School Office from Monday 22 October 2018. We ask that you do not leave any perishable items.
COMPETITIONS @ THE FAIR
The P & C are running a series of competitions for the kids and they can win some really great prizes!
- Don’t forget to enter our Slime the Teacher Competition where you have to vote for the Principal or one of our fun-loving teachers to be slimed centre-stage at the Fair! For a coin donation you can have a vote! Just go to the Canteen, and put a coin into the tin labelled with your choice! On Fair Day we will be counting up the winner and then it happens! Slime!
- We are running a LEGO Competition where you can a win a great LEGO voucher dependent on which Age Category you are in. Watch out for the Entry form being sent home with all the details!
- Enter a Colouring-In Competition with two prizes up for grabs.
All winners will be announced at the Fair and you must be there to collect your prizes! Good Luck everyone!
Email and Social Media
General Enquiries: email@example.com
Sponsorship & Fundraising: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook: Tacking Point Public School P & C www.facebook.com/TackingPointPublicPC
Pinterest: Tacking Point Public School P & C Association
Glenys Rhodes 0408619355 Spring Fairy
Angie Reichelt via the School – She’s the School’s Spring Fairy!
“Volunteers put the community into our Spring Fair”
15 October 2018 SuperSaver Sales open
24 October 2018 ODD SOCK WEDNESDAY
27 October 2018 External Stallholder Applications Close Date
27-28 October 2018 D-Day (Donation Day) in the Hall
31 October 2018 External Stallholder Final Payment Date
1 November 2018 Closing date for SuperSaver Sales
2 November 2018 LEGO Competition Entry Drop-off
2 November 2018 Colouring-In Competition Entries Close
3 November 2018 THE BIG DAY… SPRING FAIR DAY!