“Volunteers put the community into community events.”
-Steven Wood Schmader, CEO of the International Festivals & Events Association
Our Spring Fair is in fear of being cancelled…can you do Just One Thing?
We need you to put the community into our school community event!
We are creating a group of volunteers to make our Spring Fair happen, we have lots of small jobs that need to be done. All we need from you is to “Do Just One Thing”.
If you have never coordinated or assisted on a Spring Fair, don’t panic – most of those who have already volunteered haven’t that much experience either. In fact, for our Spring Fairy (the coordinator of the whole event!), this is HER FIRST SPRING FAIR! One in, all in!
In one way or another, we are here to help each other make the 2016 Spring Fair a huge success for our school and most importantly, our children!
Can you run a Stall?
Running a Stall can be super rewarding. If you have a few friends or family members it can be a fantastic way to help the Spring Fair. Fair Day procedures including how to collect Cash will be explained to you. Would you like to run a Stall? Do you have an idea for a stall?
Don’t be afraid to run a stall! It will bring out the best in you!
Some stall suggesting include:
- Rocket Launcher – three children at a time compete against each other to see how far their rocket can go (horizontally, of course)
- Side Show Alley – lots of carnival back yard type games
- The P & C Pop-Up Stall – selling our teatowels, cookbooks and other items
- The Gaming Table – let the kids trade their xbox, PS4 etc games
- Lob the Dunny Roll – Simply throwing a dunny roll to see if they can get into the toilet!!!
If you don’t know what you can do or where you can fit in, we have many roles to fill. There are a range of jobs where you can help. Some are small, some are big, some are simple, some will take more time and commitment.
Can you help with Spring Fair preparation (before the day)?
Some of the roles include:
♥ Volunteer Coordinator
♥ Sponsorship – Chocolate Wheel
♥ Sponsorship – small prizes for the children on various activities e.g. The Lego Competition
♥ Sponsor our 20th Anniversary Cookbook
♥ Donate edible items for our BBQ’s or Milk for our coffee
♥ Join the Steering Committee
♥ Sponsor our Advertising – in return you will receive free advertising on Spring Fair Day and across all our social media platforms
♥ Organising additional marquees, battery operated Eskies etc, etc…
On the Day Volunteers
We have many jobs that need to be done on the day. Can you help? Put your hand up for a couple of hours, you don’t need to give your whole day, just a few hours will also help. Some of the roles include:
- an Electrician – to ensure the safety of our fairgoers from an electricians point of view: checking all cords are secure, correct power supply
- Lighting – as this is a Twilight event, we will need to pack up and secure the premises in the dark! Can you assist in setting up lighting or providing additional lighting?
- Set up on the Day Team – placing tables, erecting marquees, signage,
- Manning a stall for a few hours
- Assisting pack up on the day
- Any ideas, contact us!
Please contact email@example.com with a job you can do, any questions or ideas. We simply would love to hear from you to save our Spring Fair!
Even ONE THING makes all the difference! THANK YOU